Only the owner can edit this.
Users on this site can reply.
Users on this site have replies pre-approved.
Only the owner can moderate users and replies.
Users on this site can add tags. 3M 1w3 months and a week ago
Sunday 5:03 am
16th October 2022 ·
Erectile Dysfunction: 7 things you need to know
Although it is a sensitive subject for the vast majority of men, erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common problem that can be successfully treated or controlled. To give you an idea, the best sexologist in Delhi reveals that about 50% of Indian men over 40 years old complain about their erections.
Next, check out 7 important things you need to know about the topic and clarify your doubts!
1. What is erectile dysfunction?Erectile dysfunction (or “sexual impotence”) is the inability to initiate or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. To characterize the picture, however, the problem must be permanent and occur in most sexual attempts. It is not, therefore, an “occasional failure”.
2. What are the risk factors?Certain genetic or lifestyle issues can influence the development of erectile dysfunction. Are they:
- Psychological disorders;
- Hormonal disorders, including the effects of diabetes and a drop in testosterone;
- Alcohol consumption;
- Vascular diseases and their risk factors (such as obesity, physical inactivity and high blood pressure);
- Neurological diseases;
- Medication intake;
- Use of anabolic steroids.
3. What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?After all, what causes erectile dysfunction and all the feelings of frustration and anguish that it can cause? In general, the causes of the problem are classified by sexologist in Delhi into three groups, which are also types of ED: organic, psychogenic and mixed.
OrganicHere, the causes of ED are physical (and so this type is more common after age 40). Metabolism dysfunctions, cardiovascular problems, hormonal issues or the use of certain drugs/substances are among the most frequent motivators. Worth investigating!
PsychogenicIn this case, the roots of erection problems are psychological. When there is no apparent reason for the problem (especially when it comes to young, healthy men), the most common cause tends to be the fear of “failing in bed”, the fear of frustrating the partner and the anxiety.
MixedThe causes are a mixture of physical and psychological factors.
4. How does the erection mechanism work?After erotic and sexual stimuli, the brain sends signals to the penile region, generating a large flow of blood there. As the cavernous bodies of the organ fill, the penis expands and elongates.
With a system similar to a valve, the blood remains “trapped” in the region, which maintains the erection until ejaculation.
5. Why is the psychological factor so decisive in erectile dysfunction?As we have seen, the mechanism of erection starts in the brain. It is not by chance that the psychological plays a definitive influence on the issue of dysfunction and specific failures.
According to sexologist in Delhi, a bad day, financial complications, fears, trauma: all of these can trigger and feed the problem. Often, there is the “snowball” effect: by not being able to continue with sex once, the man continually replicates the situation due to anxiety.
It is worth remembering: in these situations, adrenaline spikes contract penile regions that should be relaxed for erection, causing the problem.
6. What are the symptoms?In addition to the inability to obtain and maintain an erection itself, other symptoms of ED include reduced penis size and rigidity, loss of body hair, atrophy of the testes, and neuropathies.
7. How to treat erectile dysfunction?The first step is to look for the sexologist in Delhi, who will investigate the cause of the ED (discarding or not organic problems). From the diagnosis, the best erectile dysfunction treatment in Delhi is recommended for each patient, such as:
- Psychotherapy, to work on psychological blocks;
- Intracavernous injections;
- Penile prosthesis;
- Oral medications.